Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jumping on the Bandwagon

I guess myspace is a faux pas now, so here we are! Today is the first day that Caroline is going on a long trip without mommy and daddy. However, we trust that she's going to have the time of her life with Grandma Barker. So far she has convinced grandma to stop at most of the play places (McDonald's) on the way to get her wiggles out; we've taught her well.

I'm sitting around, mostly, waiting for the baby to come. Technically, I have 7 weeks until my due date, but I'm secretly hoping that one of the doctors at the center that I visit will find a tender spot in their heart, for my tender spot in my uterus. Until then, the nesting urges are kicking in. We're moving around the wardrobes in our bedroom to make a space for the bassinett/playpen. Next, is figuring out how I'm going to finish the rest of the crib set before the baby moves into the crib :)

These nesting urges have also included chipmunking traits such as prowling the clearance isles for 75% or more of deals on shoes, clothes, and my new favorite, diapers! Yes, clearance diapers. My prayers have been answered! Premium disposables for $.17 per poop sac which is great because the axiom Fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without just does not work for BM's.

1 comment:

Bruce-Kathy Barker said...

Yes, Princess and I had the best time together. Thanks for sharing her with me. I love being Carolines Gramma.