Sunday, January 25, 2009

Desperate Domestic Housewife

On Thursday, my visiting creatures came over. Lorna, a grandmother of 6 and Ardee a great-grandmother of 50 know the challenges that face a mother of 3. My sweet little girls, during our visit, discovered some bags of dry beans that mom had left out. After a while they come into the living room and discover that it is fun to throw the surprisingly fragile plastic bags of beans. It only took 5 or 6 throws before the beans started spilling.

To solve the problem, I broke out the new sewing machine, sitting in the kitchen corner collecting dust, and learned how to thread the darned thing. WHY OH WHY do they have to make threading a sewing machine so gosh darned difficult? Now I understand why the Amish do everything by hand. They're not trying to cling to the simpler code of living, they're just frustrated with the freakin' machines!

So after 2 hours of much frustration, I finally get the machine going. I went to Grandma Pete's to steal some remnants for some bean bags, which she had, and then proceeded to lesson one of sewing in home-ec. I finished two bags, one just wouldn't work; the girls would fight over it and break the homely sack of legumes.

Now I think that my bean bags are just adorable and should be sold at some high priced retail establishment like Gymboree or Pottery Barn. Well it just so happens there is a asthetic requirement that my bags did not fill. I guess my girls will have to play with my designer remnant bean bags instead. Eat your heart out Versace.

No comments: