Thursday, January 8, 2009

Domestic Goddess Failed

After a wonderful morning including Kimmee running around naked and Caroline waking me up to tell me so, I ventured into my journey to domestic godliness. Randy bought me a Rotisserie/Convection oven for Christmas because we both have become big fans of the yummy chicken that they sell at supermarket delis. Sufficeth to say that using a new piece of equipment, let alone one with a spit with sharp spikes. It took me two hours of trying and failing to balance the chicken on the spit before I pleaded for Randy's help. While he was returning home from work I proceded to burn my left thumb and cut a chunk of skin out of my left pointer knuckle when my hand slipped on the bathroom faucet.
Grandma Pete came to the house to help with the chicken. It took both her and Randy's hands to tie the bird and pin it to the spit. Two hours later.... My kids were so understanding with my culinary dilemma. Caroline said that a funny face would make me feel betterKimmee said ya ya ya ya ya
And little Andrew just wiggled and giggled

No comments: