Friday, February 20, 2009

What a couple of weeks. We went, we came back, I felt like garbage, and then I remembered.... I HAVE A BLOG! Randy, the kids, and I went to visit mis padres en California for a weekend. While we were down there, we also went to Disneyland, but the absence of any parades and the unwanted presence of a certain sinus virus made our fun day a not so fun day. Since we've been back I've battled a back strain, this virus (that has robbed me of my voice) and the dreaded visit from Aunt Flo, from Redlands.
(Gary the Snail)

THE HIGHLIGHT my sick week? Kimmee learned how to sing the final part of the SpongeBob Squarepants theme. She can say very few things clearly, but the week that Nickelodeon chose to program back to back SB episodes rather than the girl's favorite Nick Jr. inadvertantly taught my impressionable two-year-old a theme song that I had rather not have had her learn for another few years. Oh Well - At least she's not singing "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.

Can I recommend (oh wait.. I can.. this is my blog) a product to my fellow mothers? The Leapfrog Tag Reader. It's a little spendy in the beginning, but the benefits of having technology to supplement (certainly not replace) your reading to your little ones... WOW. If you haven't seen the reviews, go onto amazon.com, target or walmart.com. If you can round up the money, it's a worthwhile toy for your little ones. There is also a money saving coupon on the leapfrog website.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Serves you right for enjoying warm weather without us!