Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday fun

Oh what wonderful times at church. Randy's usually out the door between 6:30 and 7:00 leaving me to get the kids ready on my own. Grandma Pete has been helping whenver possible, but in general Sunday mornings are exciting than they used to be. Because I was in Cali when Randy was called to be second counselor in the branch presidency, I missed the "privilege" of speaking in front of the branch that one Sunday. Today, however, we were a speaker short and Randy "volunteered" me to bear my testimony. Oh, I just love my part in all of this! :) We got home today at 3:00 making my trip 6 hrs and Randy's 8 hrs. That puts an end to the common notion of "day of rest."

1 comment:

Sharon and Marvin said...

What a beautiful family! Something we use to do as Marv was also busy on most Sundays: "Three Scoops". The children [7] knew that they would start Sunday with receiving 3 scoops of ice cream after church if they were good. Marv could be on the stand and if he saw one getting into trouble he would just raise up one finger...ooops lost one scoop. They were usually very good during church meetings with this reward in mind. Also they would get an extra scoop if they: fasted, gave a talk, gave a prayer.
Good luck to ya...adorable children. [From NP] Tell Pete HI for us.